Peach Pulled Pork

posted on: Thursday, October 11, 2012

Photobucket

The inevitable finally happened--my computer finally died. I tried to wrote a post on my iPad and it was TORTURE! Complete and utter torture, I tell you!  Please tell me there is an easy way to do it, because so far all I have been doing is pulling out my hair--and let me just say I don't have a lot of hair to spare these days with my raging postpartum hormones. In the meantime here is a recipe I have been meaning to post ten days. Enjoy!

Peach Pulled Pork
7lb. pork shoulder
1 peach
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups apple juice

dry rub:
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup lemon pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs black pepper
1 Tbs garlic powder
1/2 Tbs chili powder
1/2 Tbs kosher salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder

yields 8 servings

Directions:

Mix dry rub ingredients together and generously slather over entire surface of pork shoulder. If there is extra rub it can be put in an air tight container and saved for future use.

Wrap pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.

While the shoulder refrigerates warm smoker to 225 degrees.

Once the smoker has reached desired temperature upwrap pork and smoke for three hours.

After three hours remove pork shoulder and put in tin pan with apple juice. Cover shoulder in brown sugar and top with sliced peaches.

Cover with tin foil and cook for an additional 9 hours.

 Once finished, remove tin foil and peaches and allow shoulder to cool for 20 minutes.

Use two forks to shred shoulder.

Serve with toasted buns and your favorite barbecue sauce.

 If you don't have a smoker the pork shoulder can also be cooked in the oven as well. Here is a great recipe from The Pioneer Woman that I use regularly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger